grabtheladderandrunwithit!

2/16/2006

Homecoming is Here!

Homecoming week! On Monday at school was Pajama Day (nice...) and Tuesday was Wanna-Be Day (which was stupid), and Wednesday was 80s Day (I wore a bright green, extra-large T-shirt tucked into my tight-rolled jeans with bright orange socks pushed down around my ankles, ha ha), and today was Grafitti Day, and tomorrow we (the cheerleaders) are wearing red and white for most of the day and our dance outfits for part of the day. And speaking of the dance, it's super-awesome. There are a few in our group that are not very sharp on their movements and a few more that don't stay on beat, but hopefully they'll pull it together for tomorrow. Anyways, here's our dance sequence: We come out to "Carwash" with sponges in our hands (hee hee) and then while the rest of us are dancing Sarah does an extension with our lovely stunters: Jeremy Anderson (sr.), Goldie Boling (sr.), and Matt Wikowsky (jr.). Then the song ends and she pop cradles during the intro, then we go to a new formation and do a dance to "1, 2 Step" and half-way through we all go to do a stunt: Goldie and Sarah hold Abby in an elevator with Bridget spotting. Jeremy and Matt hold Alissa in an elevator right behind Abby with me spotting. Then Alissa's goes up into an extension, and on a certain hard beat of the song she leans forward and puts her hands on Abby's shoulders (cool, huh?). Then we come down and go to our new formation, and "Hot Hot Hot" begins. It involves some cha-cha-ing and some shimmy-ing. :) Then half-way through Bridget and I go back and do a stunt behind the other girls. It's a double-thigh-stand (I stand on Jeremy & Goldie, Bridget stands on Matt & Goldie), then Goldie stands up with our feet on her shoulders (while we're still standing on Matt & Jeremy), so that it's a kind of hitch thingie. Then we get down after hitting an ending pose on the song, and we all cheer "We're hot, you're hot, he's hot (pointing at Jeremy, who's doing cool flips in front of us), let's hear it!" and while we're doing that we're moving to a new position. Then we do a dance to a "Bring 'Em Out" mix, and after that's done, we all do a toe touch to a cheer mix (except for Sarah, who does a toe touch basket toss at the same time as we all jump!). Then Bridget and Sarah hit the crowd while Abby, Alissa, and I get ready for basket tosses. Abby and Alissa both do straight-up basket tosses, but I do a toe touch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then as soon as they catch me they toss me in front and we all hit our ending pose. It's super-great. Now I'll tell about my toe touch. We practiced this morning (at 7 am, ugh) and none of us had done a toe touch as of yet. So I was like, "I'm gonna try this, okay?" and Jeremy's like, "What do we do?" and I was like, "Exact same thing you do for the normal ones." So we were getting ready and I was like, "Wait, I have to pray." So I prayed that I wouldn't mess up and that they wouldn't drop me, and then I took a shot at it and I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was my first time! I piked a little too hard, but they caught me anyway. Hooray! So then I did it again, and then Sarah did it, but Abby's isn't quite high enough to do it and Alissa didn't want to do it. So we did the dance through a couple more times, and then we practiced the baskets a few more times, and I royally screwed up one cause I leaned backward instead of piking well. It was pretty bad. So right after that Sarah and Bridget were like, "I don't think you should do that tomorrow." Which kindof made me mad, cause you don't give up after three tries. But anyway, I was like, "NO. You have no idea how much I wanna do this. I'm going to fix it." So I tried it again and I did it right. Take that, Sarah and Bridget. I DO NOT GIVE UP THAT EASILY!!! So anyways, we were doing it again after school today, and people were watching (which normally I would've made them leave, but it was RIGHT after school and people were doing the Spirit Walls, so I was just like, whatever). So then after we did it, Amanda Helton came up to Mrs. Bimson and said real' soft like she didn't want me to hear (but I did), "Megan's a little off from everyone else." And Mrs. Bimson was like, "No, everyone else listens to the music but she stays with the beat." So that really sucks, cause if everyone else doesn't stay on beat, I'M the one who looks like a moron (which is what happened my freshman year, when everyone was laughing at me cause I was off, when really EVERY SINGLE OTHER GIRL was off and I was the only one ON the beat! grr). So that sucks a LOT and kinda makes me mad as well. It's frustrating. Oh well, Homecoming's tomorrow and I can't do a lot about it now. I'll just pray really hard that they don't screw it up for me... Anyways... I DID A BASKET TOSS AND I'M REALLY PROUD OF MYSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kendra said...

I'm proud of you too. Love you stinker!

7:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home